This is a fundamental training for all members of staff. It targets core behavioral skills and characteristics that form the benchmark of any successful employee, team and company.
This customised (two day) training focuses on providing the tools to equip all participants with superior interpersonal skills and a ‘complete behavioral competency’ – to be more proactive in planning and responding to new, strategic job requirements and improve day-to-day operations.
The focus is on identification of observable and measurable knowledge, skills, abilities and personal characteristics (competencies) that an individual must have to achieve a superior performance output at work.
It will ensure that skills and competencies taught are implemented and practised consistently by individuals and teams across the organisation.
Training is designed to be primarily a pro-active experience using realistic role plays, practice, group work and discussions. Videos are also used for optimal learning. Tools and templates are provided for participants to use and practice what will then be implemented in the work place.
Additionally, case studies are reviewed so that participants can draw their own conclusions as to which competencies and skills are most relevant in different aspects of their job roles and which competencies they need to improve in order to perform successfully as an individual and as part of a team.
Companies developing a strong interpersonal and ‘behavioral competency culture’ demonstrate a strong commitment to empowering their employees to learn and grow. These companies are rewarded with greater efficiency, motivation and commitment. As a result individuals and teams perform at a much higher level improving productivity and most importantly customer satisfaction!
Areas of Training Focus
- Achieve results – result oriented
- Communicate effectively
- Prioritising, planning and organisation
- Making effective decisions
- Identifying expectations and overcome challenges
- Problem solving/analytical thinking
- Taking responsibility and initiative
- Setting S.M.A.R.T. goals and business objectives/targets
- Self-reflection – Exploring your strengths and weaknesses
- Personal ownership and accountability
- Consistency and reliability
Interacting with Others
- Interpersonal skills
- Giving constructive feedback and rapport
- Communicating effectively with others
- Becoming a team player
- Resolving conflict successfully
- Dealing and coping with stress
- Balancing assertiveness
- Successfully interacting and developing others
- Creating vision and keeping motivation levels high
- Delegating to others and following through tasks
- Building trust
- Recognizing others’ achievements/contributions
- Respecting others
- Supporting diversity and understanding cross-cultural issues
- Creativity/innovation/customer orientation
- Flexibility/adaptability to change
- Teamwork/cooperation (within and across units)
- Influencing others
- Agreeing on a framework for behavioral competency
Post training reports and individual participant analysis are provided to help companies gauge the progress level of those who attended. An additional half-day post-training follow-up is available (on request) to identify the progress and current gaps that need to be addressed approximately three months after training is completed.
This post-training follow-up provides valuable information on how well individuals have embraced training skills and to what extent they are practising and demonstrating these in their own job roles.
Post training follow up, Action Plans, follow through from line managers/ management greatly enables participants to embed the skills they learn and continue to practice them. This forms the basis of a ‘behavioral competency benchmark’ across the organisation.
All training is customised to the local market with an awareness of cultural sensitivity and expectations. We use highly qualified trainers who have an extensive track-record and experience locally and internationally.
The above is just a draft of how British Communications has conducted this training for other companies. We realise each company/organisation has its own unique areas of focus and we are happy to modify the above so that it is tailor-made to your specific training needs and outcomes.