All members of staff
Change management focuses on people, and is a structured approach for ensuring that changes are thoroughly and smoothly implemented and that the lasting benefits of change are achieved. In dealing with change, people must address their own thoughts, feeling and behaviours first to be able to go through a change.
This customised training will ensure that participants understand the dynamics, skills and methods to effect change successfully. They will be shown the various aspects of organisational change and the best ways to embrace change and minimise resistance.
Training will focus on how individual’s roles toward organisational change effect business and productivity. It will help participants’ take responsibility for how they react and respond to change by giving them a set of tools and techniques beginning with self-awareness and assessment to enable a smooth transition.
All training is made as interactive and proactive as possible. Retention levels are far higher when participants produce methods, business models and skills taught by getting involved with ‘hands-on’ activities. Practical exercises, role plays, case studies, video recordings and, if possible, specific examples from your company are used.
Action Planning is an important step to embed what has been taught and practised. It calls for personal accountability and a commitment to embrace and adopt new methods. It also serves as a regular reminder for change and improvement. It helps individuals set new targets and identify personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Understanding the importance of the ‘Change Concept’
- The key principles of change
- Common reactions to change
- The change curve
- Embracing and supporting change as individuals and managers
- Understanding the stages of resistance to acceptance
- SWOT to understand why we change
- Recognising and appreciating change benefits
- Planning, managing and implementing change
- Minimising resistance and getting mutual ‘buy-in’
- Setting new S.M.A.R.T aims and objectives
- Applying flexibility and understanding reservations
- Implementing integration principles
- Planning how and when changes will be communicated
- Ensuring the reasons for change are clearly communicated
- Identifying and agreeing the success indicators for change, and ensure they are regularly measured and reported on
- Coaching the team through change
- Displaying empathy through change
- Motivating ourselves and team to move forwards
Change can be a turbulent time for individuals and companies. This training will take individuals through the complete process of what change is, why it is needed and how they can embrace and support change. Understanding the change cycle provides valuable information on managing change through each unique stage from ‘denial to acceptance’.
This Change Management training also provides participants with the knowledge, skills and methods to enable them in turn to help others accept and embrace change. It will equip them to deal with the transitional period and implement and integrate change successfully with new goal setting, implementation of projects and maintaining a motivated team spirit.
Post training reports and analysis are provided to better equip companies to embed training methods. Additional post-training follow-ups are also available on request to ensure that participants continue to use and implement what was originally trained. Follow-ups also allow for any further training gaps to be identified and weaknesses to be reduced and improved. This often proves to be decisive to the continued success of any training program.
All training is customised to the local market with an awareness of cultural sensitivity and expectations. We use highly qualified trainers who have an extensive track-record and experience locally and internationally.
The above is just a draft of how British Communications has conducted this training for other companies. We realise each company/organisation has its own unique areas of focus and we are happy to modify the above so that it is tailor-made to your specific training needs and outcomes.