Those in supervisory, managing or leadership roles
This training is designed to make a noticeable difference to your company. It will ensure that skill sets taught are implemented and practised consistently across the organisation.
The skills taught will be the benchmark for all levels of management allowing for uniformity of practice to maximise company strengths and allow a coaching and mentoring culture to be deeply embedded and practised.
Participants will learn practical skills to be “on the job” Coaches and Mentors. They will learn the difference between Managing, Coaching and Mentoring and how each role needs a particular attitude, skill and perception.
Training concentrates on communication, coaching, leadership, managing performance and how to multi-task and get the best out of yourself and your team.
Companies developing a strong Coaching and Mentoring culture save money and demonstrate a strong commitment to empowering their employees to learn and grow. These companies are rewarded with greater loyalty, motivation, communication and commitment.
The key measurable to the success of the training programme, if introduced across-the- board, will be the reduction in employee “churn,” fast tracking of talent, improved leadership skills and increased team productivity, loyalty and organisation effectiveness.
Training is designed to be primarily an inter-active experience using realistic role plays, practice, group work and discussions. Video recordings of realistic work placed situations are made and played back for optimal learning. Coaching and Mentoring templates are provided for participants to use and practice what will then be used in the work place.
This training is one of the most effective methods of unlocking potential in your staff. In today’s environment coaching and mentoring is a great way to get results, develop and retain good people. This course shows how to plan, prepare and implement coaching and how to evaluate its success from induction of new employees to employees who have been with the organisation a long time.
- Know the difference between Managing, Coaching and Mentoring
- The importance of constructive feedback and rapport
- Being an ‘approachable’ coach, mentor and role model
- Demonstrate by example the qualities of a coach and mentor
- Improved communication and listening skills
- Display added confidence in existing or new job roles
- Measure results and productivity by specific tools/templates and skills
- Know how to set and reach SMART objectives and goals
- When to delegate, support and direct
- Display leadership vision, motivation and team spirit
- Resolving conflict – Overcoming challenges – Stress management
- Performance Management – How to plan and prioritise
- Using Emotional Intelligence to develop yourself and build strong teams
- Role play a complete coaching session
- Knowing how to match mentors to mentees
- Build trust, mutual support and respect
- Assist employees to move to higher levels of responsibility
All training is customised to the local market with an awareness of cultural sensitivity and expectations. We use highly qualified trainers who have an extensive track-record and experience locally and internationally.
The above is just a draft of how British Communications has conducted this training for other companies. We realise each company/organisation has its own unique areas of focus and we are happy to modify the above so that it is tailor-made to your specific training needs and outcomes.