Managers, senior managers and those in leadership roles
This UK certified customised training is designed to equip participants with knowledge, skills and behavioural competencies required to lead self and to motivate, inspire and lead their employees.
It will focus on enabling participants to embed a leadership culture and to understand what leadership requires; how it differs to managing and supervising.
Training will enable participants to take on new leadership roles and responsibilities with confidence. It will also equip participants to be familiar with the different aptitudes, nuances, technical skills and tools required for leading teams. Training is designed to make a noticeable difference to how managers and emerging leaders manage and lead their teams. It will ensure that skill sets taught are implemented and practised consistently across the organisation.
Participants will learn practical skills to be proactive, “on the job” leaders. Not only will this help them individually but they will use these skills to motivate and inspire others in their teams to reach forward for greater leadership responsibilities.
Emerging leaders will have a clear, focused appreciation on how to use knowledge, skills and outcomes from the training to aspire to new demands and leadership/managerial roles. Existing managers will be better equipped to show by their example what a true leader should be. They will have a clear idea of the distinction of roles and know what it takes to be a real role model!
Training is designed to be primarily an inter-active experience using realistic role plays, practice, group work and discussions. Videos are also used for optimal learning. Leadership tools and templates are provided for participants to use and practice what will then be used in the work place. Additionally, case studies are reviewed so that participants can draw their own conclusions as to which leadership methods are most successful and how they can personally adapt and implement these into their own job roles.
Leading and Developing Self
- Know the difference between Leading and Managing
- Identifying expectations and overcome challenges
- Identifying your preferred leadership style
- Self-reflection – Exploring your strengths and weaknesses
- Improving your communication skills
- VAK Learning Channels Leadership Assessment
- Setting personal aims and objectives
- How well do I interact with others?
- Personal accountability and eliminating procrastination
- Delegation – Giving and receiving tasks and instructions
- Problem solving and decision making
- Prioritise and organise more effectively
- Demonstrate by example the qualities of a successful leader
- Display added confidence in existing or new job roles
Leading and Developing Others
- Giving constructive feedback and rapport
- Introducing the concepts of ‘Situational Leadership’
- Communication with others – Do’s and Don’ts
- Becoming a team player and approachable leader
- Managing the performance of others
- Balancing assertiveness
- Using Emotional Intelligence to successfully lead yourself and others
- Introducing the concept of ‘Coaching and Mentoring’
- Creating leadership vision and keeping motivation levels high
- Delegating to others and following through tasks
- Helping others set and establish S.M.A.R.T. goals and business objectives
- Combining S.M.A.R.T and G.R.O.W leadership models
- Maintaining and progressing team cohesiveness and effectiveness
- Action Planning
Companies developing a strong leadership culture save money and demonstrate a strong commitment to empower their employees to learn and grow. These companies are rewarded with greater loyalty, motivation and commitment. This training will groom and enable participants to reach out for higher levels of management whilst carrying with them effective leadership skills to build on at a future date.
Post training reports and individual participant analysis and tests are provided to better equip companies identify talent and leaders. An (optional) post-training follow-up at approximately 90 days after training assesses the success of the first training phase and identifies any current leadership gaps that need to be addressed and improved.
This post-training follow-up will also provide valuable information on how well individuals have embraced training skills and to what extent they are practising and demonstrating these in their own job roles.
All training is customised to the local market with an awareness of cultural sensitivity and expectations. We use highly qualified trainers who have an extensive track-record and experience locally and internationally.
The above is just a draft of how British Communications has conducted this training for other companies. We realise each company/organisation has its own unique areas of focus and we are happy to modify the above so that it is tailor-made to your specific training needs and outcomes.