All members of staff
Decision Making and Problem Solving are key to leadership development and crucial to the success of any business. Both are closely linked, and each requires creativity in identifying and developing options. Good decision-making requires a mixture of skills: creative development and identification of options, clarity of judgement, firmness of decision, and effective implementation.
This training is designed to make a noticeable difference to how managers lead and communicate with their teams resulting in an organised approach to problem solving and decision making becoming deeply embedded and practised. Each participant will learn practical skills needed to achieve specific decision making and problem solving objectives and the tools, processes and techniques necessary to implement these.
Participants will be shown how to become “on the job” leaders and learn how each new skill-set requires a particular attitude and perception to allow decision making and problem solving function successfully from beginning to end.
Training is designed to help participants practice the skills and processes taught under a variety of real-life, work related scenarios. This enables a full spectrum of problem solving and decision making skills to be understood and embedded as part of each participant’s holistic leadership development.
Templates and processes such as SWOT, VAK, SMART, goal planning and planners and more will allow participants to become better organised, knowledgeable, confident and assertive when making decisions and problem solving.
Action Planning will also enable what has been trained and practised to be better embedded and serve as a regular reminder for change and improvement that needs to continue.
- Identifying and defining your problems
- Problem solving techniques and approaches
- Focusing on solutions
- Resolving internal and external conflict
- Priority management – Are you doing the right things?
- Most common decision making mistakes
- Cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills
- Steps and methods for better decision making
- Your leadership style – maximising your own decision making ability
- Measure results and productivity by specific tools/templates and skills
- Know how to set and reach S.M.A.R.T objectives and goals
- Planning and prioritising
- Enhance the results of projects and tasks
- When to coach and mentor
- When to delegate, support and direct
- Choosing between options
- Communication your decision and taking action
- Managing performance and measuring results
- Action planning and following up
All training is customised to the local market with an awareness of cultural sensitivity and expectations. We use highly qualified trainers who have an extensive track-record and experience locally and internationally.
The above is just a draft of how British Communications has conducted this training for other companies. We realise each company/organisation has its own unique areas of focus and we are happy to modify the above so that it is tailor-made to your specific training needs and outcomes.